LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OF RENSSELAER COUNTY is now on Facebook! CLICK HERE to find us and share your thoughts.
CLICK HERE to view the latest version of the Voter – Voter March 2017 in PDF
Don’t forget to check out our EVENTS Tab for updates on activities and happenings!
Impact On Issues
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE A TAX-DEDUCTIBLE CONTRIBUTION?
LWV OF RENSSELAER COUNTY
LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OF NEW YORK (LWVNY.org)
Capitol Beat Blog — Check it Out for the Latest Scoop on the NYS Legislative Session.
This is an informative and entertaining column/blog written by the LWVNYS Legislative Director Barbara Bartoletti. It contains timely updates on legislative action pertaining to League concerns and a bit of political gossip, as well. CLICK HERE for Barbara’s Blog
The agenda focuses on the following:
- Election Law Reform
- Health Care
- Good Government Reform
- Judicial Issues
- Natural Resources
- Women’s Issues
- State Finances and Education
STATE GOVERNMENT TRANSPARENCY AND LEGISLATIVE WEBSITES
- Open Book New York — This website is part of State Comptroller Thomas DeNapoli’s effort to promote openness in government and help taxpayers learn more about how their tax dollars are spent. Sections include: (1) Track New York’s Stimulus Spending, (2) Search State Agency Spending, (3) Search State Contracts, and (4) Search Local Government Spending.
- New York Open Government (formerly Project Sunlight) — This is Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s open government website. He noted in updating the site that: “Secrecy breeds corruption, while transparency generates confidence. …. [the revamped website] will help the public keep an eye on what their [NYS] government is doing in order to deter corruption and increase confidence in the public sector. This site is a one-stop-shop for New Yorkers desiring up-to-date and comprehensive information about their government.” The website has many of the same features as its predecessor. You can search campaign contributions, lobbying clients, charities, state contracts and more.
- SeeThroughNY — This website is sponsored by the Empire Center for New York State Policy, part of the non-governmental, non-partisan and non-profit Manhattan Institute for Policy Research. The purpose of the site is to give New Yorkers a clearer view of how their state and local tax dollars are spent. You can find out about the NYS Budget. You can also can share, analyze and compare data from counties, cities, towns, villages, and school districts as well as public authorities throughout New York. The information on this website comes from official government sources, but the Empire Center cannot guarantee data accuracy or completeness.
*NYS Legislature Websites:
LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OF THE US (lwv.org)
- CLICK HERE to go to the LWV (US) Home page
- CLICK HERE to get current news from LWV (US)
- CLICK HERE to go blogs from LWVUS (US)
The League of Women Voters (US) Work:
- Protecting Voters – Voting Rights, Improving Elections, DC Voting Rights
- Engaging Voters – Registering Voters, Educating Voters
- Reforming Money in Politics – Money In Elections, Ethics and Lobbying
- Defending the Environment – Clean Air Defense, Global Climate Change, Fracking
- Other Work – Reforming Immigration, Advancing Health Care, Gun Safety, Fixing Fiscal Policy, Improving Government, Global DemocracyCLICK HERE for details
OTHER LEAGUES IN THE CAPITAL DISTRICT
To learn what nearby Leagues are doing, check out their websites:
Updated – August 24, 2015