The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government while not supporting any party or candidate. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
WHO SAYS THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A FREE (PICNIC) LUNCH?
On the afternoon of Sunday, July 22nd, join the League of
Women Voters of Rensselaer County from 12 noon to 3 pm at
the Brunswick Town Park and Beach on North Lake Avenue in
Brunswick. The afternoon will feature:
The park is located near the intersection of North Lake
- A picnic lunch in the covered pavilion at the park (We've rented the pavilion for the day; it has abundant picnic tables.) ALL FOOD AND BEVERAGES WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE LEAGUE.
- Swimming is available with lifeguards on duty and a sandy beach.
- Kayaks and rowboats are available on the adjacent lake. There is no charge, but they are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A jungle gym and swing set for children are in a shaded area near the pavilion.
- Restrooms and water fountains are also near the pavilion area.
- There is a good-sized parking lot not far from the pavilion.
Avenue and Route 142 in Brunswick. You are welcome to bring
Be sure to let the people at the entrance know that you are
with the League of Women Voters party. The park is
normally open only to Brunswick residents.
In order to make sure we have enough food and beverages, WE
NEED TO KNOW BY SUNDAY, JULY 15TH, IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON
ATTENDING AND IF YOU ARE BRINGING ANYONE WITH YOU. PLEASE
REPLY TO JUDY MEYER, firstname.lastname@example.org.
So come join your fellow League members for a fun afternoon
in a beautiful setting! Thanks to Mary Abbott for being
the Brunswick resident who presence allows us to use the